JULE COLLINS SMITH MUSEUM OF FINE ART
Curator of Education - K-12
- Established the Museum’s first education department and K-12 program in preparation for the Museum’s grand opening.
- Planned, developed, and implemented the Museum's first docent volunteer training program.
- Designed a special 3rd grade curriculum tour and outreach program for Auburn City Schools.
- Designed three professional development workshops for teachers (Advancing American Art, Audubon, and Rodin Rediscovered).
- Implemented new family programs, Sketchbook Saturday, Wonder of Birds (partnership with the Raptor Center), ArtTalk for Parents and Grandparents, and the first series of summer camps.
3RD GRADE TOUR
Student tours, funded by Auburn City government, provided opportunities for every third grade student to visit the museum.
I trained a new group of docent volunteers who led tours of the Museum's permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
Teacher workshops provided opportunities for teachers to create lesson plans and hands-on projects related to exhibitions.
A free Saturday program that invited parents and students to sketch in the Museum's galleries.