MONTGOMERY MUSEUM OF FINE ART
Curator of Education
- Served as lead administrator for the education department, including the supervision of staff, docent volunteers, interns, and contract employees.
- Featured 982 programs annually (workshops, tours, classes, outreach, events); 34,246 participants
- Designed a variety of touchscreen kiosks for special exhibitions and the family interactive gallery.
- Established a Teen Leadership Council and Junior Curators program to greatly expand opportunities for teen engagement in the museum and community.
- Designed a new innovative book club program called “Ekphrasis” to engage audiences about art-related topics using multisensory and interdisciplinary modes of engagement.
- Designed a volunteer website to enhance docent training and volunteer retention and organized the Museum’s first overnight field trip for volunteers.
- Designed two landmark symposiums: Bill Traylor and Visual Thinking Strategies.
- Led several conference sessions at American Alliance of Museums and Alabama Museums Association to address innovative approaches to technology in museums.
- Assisted in the re-design and implementation of the Museum’s a new website.
- Redesigned the Museum’s annual puppet show to address diversity using new technology, multi-lingual voice overs and advanced puppetry design and operation.